Harrisburg Academy is currently seeking a dynamic and experienced teacher to join our faculty as a short-term science teacher for part of the 2020-21 school year. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching Science to grades preschool through fifth grade from the first day of school through November. Harrisburg Academy teachers are also expected to attend faculty meetings and assist with school events.
Preferred qualifications include:
· Elementary Education or Science Degree
· Classroom teaching experience
· Competence in connecting with students and creating a healthy classroom community
· Competence in connecting with parents
· Organized and purposeful about materials and lesson plans
· Collaboration with faculty and administration
· Excellence in classroom management techniques
Harrisburg Academy does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability and familial affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. We seek candidates who hope to help foster a school environment where all people are valued and where all perspectives are respected and appreciated.
Current State Police, Child Abuse, FBI clearances, a physical, and a TB test are required. Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume by May 14, 2021. Please send all inquiries and application materials via e-mail to Kelly Rinehart, administrative assistant of the Early Childhood and Lower School division, at email@example.com